Завдання для конкурсного випробування учнів, які вступають до 5 класу
I. Choose the correct word and write it down.
|sound poison scales beast necklace|
- It can kill you. Snakes have it in their teeth.________________
- This is a string of jewels that women wear around the neck._______________
- It is something that you hear when you play an instrument.________________
- Some animals have them on their body to protect themselves.______________
- This is a large or dangerous animal.________________
II. Read each question and choose the best answer.
6. Where was Kriss last summer
He went A on holiday B to Italy C in the swimming pool.
7. What are you looking for?
I A look B was looking C am looking for my scarf.
8. What did you see in the box?
I A see B am seeing C saw a compass.
9. What is there in your bag?
There A was B were C is a skateboard.
10. What did you have to do yesterday?
I A have do B do C had to do some exercises.
III. Read the text. Choose the right word and write it down.
Penguins are interesting creatures. They are birds, 11_________they cannot fly. Million years ago, they had wings. 12___________wings changed with time. 13_____________ main food was fish. Penguins needed to swim to find 14_____________food, 15____________their wings changed into flippers that helped 16___________ to swim through water with speed.
11. and / so / but 14. its / they t/heir
12. that / this /these 15. but / because so
13. penguin’s /penguins’ / penguin 16. it / them / they
IV. Read the story. Write some words to complete the sentences about the story on the sheet.
Once upon a time there was a little brown mouse. He lived in a small cottage in the country. He was very happy there. One day his cousin from town came to visit him. He lived in a large town house. The country mouse was very glad to see his cousin. “My friend,” said the town mouse. “How can you live here? The country is so quiet. Your life is not interesting at all. Come and stay with me!”So the next morning the mice went to town. The town mouse’s house was beautiful. There was a lot of food on the table. The mice jumped onto the table. They began to eat some fine French cheese, some very tasty cakes and cookies. Suddenly they saw a big cat near the sofa. The cat looked up and jumped onto the table. The mice ran into a hole in the floor. The cat couldn’t get in. “Oh, dear,” said the country mouse. “Your food is good, but your life is not. I feel afraid in this beautiful house” The next morning the country mouse went back to his house.
17. ___________________________ visited the country mouse.
18. The mice ate ___________________________________________________
19. The country mouse didn’t eat because _______________________________
20. The mice hide themselves in _______________________________________
V. Read the questions and choose the correct answer (A, B or C). Mark your choice.
21. Who is your friend?
A. I know him B. He is mine C.I t is his
22. Is he your brother? A. Yes, he was B. Yes, he can C. Yes, he is
23. Would you like to have a picnic?
A. Yes, I like B. Yes, It’s like a picnic C. Yes, I’d like that
24. Who made this postcard?
A. My mum and I did B. My cousins were C. Paul was.
Питання для визначення мовленнєвого рівня учнів, які вступають до 5 класу
1. What places do you like to visit in your city?
2. What countries have you travelled to?
3. What cities and towns have you already visited in Ukraine?
4. When do you usually travel with your family and where?
5. How do you get to school? What is your favourite subject and why?
6. What do you like doing in your free time?
7. What is your favourite animal and why?
8. Why is your life exciting?
9. What season (holidays) do you like and why?
10. Where do you go with your best friend at your weekend?
11. What do you usually do with your best friend together?
12. What were you doing in the evening yesterday?
13. What foreign countries have you already visited? What did you see there?
14. What kind of travelling do you prefer?
15. What books do you like to read? Name them and main characters.
16. What films do you like to watch and why?
17. What transport have you used during travelling?
18. What is your favourite room in your flat/house and why?
19. Which places in the world would you like to visit and why?
20. How many books have you read? Tell couple words about one of them.
21. What films/cartoon have you recently seen?
22. What is your favorite Ukrainian and why?
23. Where do you usually go shopping?
24. What do you prefer doing at your weekend?
6 questions / 2 points each
Total 12 points /________