Завдання для конкурсного випробування учнів, які вступають до 7 класу
I Put the words in the right order to make sentences.
1. Frank / be / tired / at the end of the day. (usually) __________________________
2. You / ride / horses? (every day) ______________________________________
3. Susan / be/late/to feed animals. (never) ________________________________
4. the morning. / brush / We / ponies / the / in / don’t_________________________
II Write letters in each gap to complete the words.
5. The s _ _ _ _ _ in a city are the interesting things to see there.
6. A t _ _ _ g _ _ _ _ is someone who tells you about a place.
7. When you travel somewhere on holidays you go on a t _ _ _.
8. Your p _ _ _ _ _ _ _ is a small book that shows who you are.
III Put the verbs in brackets into the Past Simple or the Past Continuous
9. We (watch) TV when someone (knock) on the door ___________________________________
10. I (not listen) when the teacher (ask) me a question. __________________________________
11. (Dad/clean) the car when you (take) him a sandwich? ________________________________________
IV Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Simple or the Present Continuous
12. My wife usually __________ (to collect) the eggs from the chickens, and I __________ (to feed) the cows.
13. Simon and Greg ____________________ (not wait) for us at the café now.
14. My dad’s a reporter and he __________ (to do) lots of interviews with famous people.
V Choose the correct word:
15. If you nod / shake your head that means you agree.
16. If you wave / point, you use your hand to say hello or goodbye
17. Someone pushed / dropped me and I fell on the floor!
18. Can you open a / the door? It’s hot here.
I9. I want to have the / a / an pet, but my mum says no.
20. Do you have any / much advice for people flying for the first time?
VI Read the article.
Decide if the statements are true (T), false (F) or doesn’t say (DS).
Did you know?
There are lots of strange animals in the world, and there are lots of strange facts about animals too. For example, …
Many people believe that fish – particularly goldfish – have a very short memory and can only remember things for about three seconds. In fact, it seems that goldfish can remember things for at least three months. That’s quite a long time, isn’t it? Here at ‘Teen Fun’. We can’t remember what we did last week.
We all love butterflies. They’re beautiful and they make us think of summer and flowers and nice things like that. But do you know how butterflies taste their food? They don’t use a mouth like we do. They use their feet! Yes, that’s right. Imagine putting your foot into bowl of ice cream to see if it tastes nice! Strange!
We found several interesting facts about crocodiles. Firstly, a crocodile can’t really move its tongue. This is because it’s stuck to the bottom of its mouth. So, a crocodile might eat you, but it won’t lick you first! Secondly, think about humans. When we’re children, our teeth fall out. And we grow new ones, don’t we? But when we become more adults, that don’t happen. If men or women lose teeth, the dentist has to give them new ones. But crocodiles are different. Their teeth are very sharp (of course!) but they fall out all the time – even when they’re adults. A crocodile usually has about 70 teeth in its mouth – but during its lifetime it can grow about 3 000 teeth. Yes – 3 000! That’s a lot of crocodile teeth on the bottom of the river.
We like mice. We think they’re cute and sweet. But here‘s a strange fact. It’s not about real mouse, but about a famous cartoon character: Mickey Mouse. Well, in fact, it’s about Walt Disney, the man who created Mickey Mouse. Did you know… that in real life Walt Disney was scared of mice? Yes, he was! Strange but true!
21) Goldfish can remember things that happened to mouth ago. T/F/DS
22) Butterflies use a tongue in their mouth to taste food. T/F/DS
23) Crocodile tongues are a strange color. T/F/DS
24) Walt Disney was scared of mice. T/F/DS
TOTAL 12 /______ points
Питання для визначення мовленнєвого рівня учнів, які вступають до 7 класу
1. What does ‘to be a good friend’ mean?
2. Who do you look like in your family? Give reasons.
3. What family traditions have you got? Tell about some.
4. What goods do you usually buy and at what shops?
5. What kind of sport do you like most and are good at?
6. What school subjects are you good at?
7. Where did you travel last and how?
8. What is the best mean of transport in your opinion? Give reasons.
9. What places can you offer to visit in Kyiv for a foreigner and why?
10. Would you like to go to an old castle or a waterpark in your free time?
11. What are the most popular sights in London for you to see or visit?
12. What are three main things you will take with you in a travel?
13. Has Kyiv got enough tourist attractions for anybody? Give reasons.
14. Would you like to visit Buckingham Palace, London Eye or some other places in London? Give reasons.
15. If your friend needs a tracksuit, where will you recommend him/her to buy it?
16. Do you agree with the proverb ‘East or West, home is best’? Give reasons.
17. What are the traditional dishes on the table at any holiday in your family?
18. What is your best friend like and how long have you known him/her?
19. What are the summer holidays of your dream?
20. What was the last book you have read about?
21. What is the best and the most exciting journey in your life?
22. Why do so many tourists visit Ukraine every year? Give reasons.
23. What does your ideal school look like?
24. How do you choose friends? Name main criteria.
6 questions / 2 points each
Total 12 points /________